Signed in as:
Beginning and continuing sculptors are invited to sculpt from a live model in the same pose for five 4-hour sessions. There will be instruction in clay construction and in human anatomy, with emphasis on gesture. In the last meeting we will prepare the sculpture for the kiln firing. Participants will be responsible for the firing of their pieces and will be provided with information about firing service providers. Various finishing processes for the sculpture will be introduced.
Model fee at check out reduces touch points. Max # of students with model 20 + 5 no model per class.
Five Fridays with Tebby George 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM July 15th through Aug 12th, 2022
For five Friday classes with Tebby George 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
8 Monday Evenings from 6 PM to 10 PM with Konrad Dunton January 10th through February 28th 2022 In this 8 week class we will be sculpting a reclining figure in clay using an internal support structure for the figure. The figure can be integrated into a clay base, or separate for later mounting onto a base of a different material. Beginning and continuing sculptors are invited to sculpt from a live model for the entire duration of the class on one set pose. (Max 12 students per class)
Seven Monday Evenings with Konrad Dunton 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM May 16th through June 27th, 2022
Eight Monday Evenings with Konrad Dunton 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
In this class, students will be drawing and painting the human figure from a life model. The class provides a relaxing environment for students to work with figures and welcomes all skill levels. Media allowed includes pencil, charcoal, pastel, ink, and varieties of water-based paint such as watercolor and acrylic. Basic drawing materials will be provided. (Max 20 students per class)
Five Fridays with Meiru Huang 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM May 27th through June 24th, 2022
For five Friday classes with Meiru Huang 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Figure Drawing with Linda Hope Wednesdays 1:00 – 4:00 PM - Clean up begins at 3:45 . All Levels Welcome! For students who have never drawn before, or who think they cannot draw, three of the principle elements of drawing: gesture, line, and value, will be introduced and explored using a live model. These elements will be introduced singly, with successive drawing “exercises” combining them in a single drawing. For those who have not been able to draw from a live model in a while, this class
Five Wednesday's with Linda Hope: May 18th through June 15th, 2022 1:00 – 4:00 PM - Clean up begins at 3:45
Five Wednesday's with Linda Hope: June 22th through July 20th, 2022 1:00 – 4:00 PM - Clean up begins at 3:45
For five Wednesday classes with Linda Hope
Keeping our students safe with agile scheduling, social distanicng and mask, no food or drink until further notice.
· Due to our small class sizes, we request that you cancel at least 5 working days prior to the start of class. This gives us some opportunity to fill the vacated seat.
· For full credit towards future classes, make sure to cancel your class(es) before the 5-day limit.
· If a refund of payment is requested, prior to 5 days before class starts the full amount will be returned, minus a $25 processing fee.
· A 50% credit towards future classes, or a 50% refund with an additional $25 processing fee will be returned, after the 5 or less days before class starts.
· No refund or credit will be provided once the class has started.
· Credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
FMA Cancellations of Classes:
· If for any reason FMA is required to cancel or postpone a class, participants are eligible for a full refund.
· They may also choose to convert their payments to credits for any future classes.
· In the case of postponed classes, they may choose to do nothing and keep their seats in the classes with the new dates.
How to Request a Refund/Credit:
· Cancellations must be done by email (email@example.com).
· It may take 4 to 6 weeks for the processing of a refund check.
· Please read and understand the cancellation, credit and refund policy prior to registering for any programs.
2022 in-person classes will be held at:
Location: MPIC Clubhouse
(Miraloma Park Improvement Club)
350 O'Shaughnessy Blvd.
San Francisco, CA 94127